Introduction to Python
Python is a high-level, interpreted programming language known for its simplicity and readability. It is widely used for various applications, including web development, data analysis, artificial intelligence, and more.
Hello World Example
Python provides several built-in data types, including:
- int: used to store whole numbers
- float: used to store floating-point numbers
- str: used to store text
- bool: used to store boolean values (True or False)
Python includes various control structures for decision-making and looping:
- if statement: executes a block of code if a certain condition is true
- for loop: iterates over a sequence of elements
- while loop: repeats a block of code while a certain condition is true
In Python, you can define functions to encapsulate reusable blocks of code:
def add(a, b): return a + b result = add(3, 5) print("The result is:", result)
This was a brief introduction to Python and some of its basic concepts. Python offers a straightforward and elegant syntax, making it a popular choice among developers. Keep exploring to unlock the full potential of Python!